Slide Show

Copy Right

All images are the property of Adventures OF A 4 Wheeling Mom. Copy Right © 2011 Adventures Of a 4 Wheeling Mom

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What is that funky noise?



This happen a while ago, but I love sharing our eventful lives LOL If it is not one thing it is another.

I kept hearing this weird noise every time I took my foot off the brakes. I took Dad for a drive and he heard it too. So Dad spent the day trying to tracking down a sound we were sure was coming from the rear driver side brakes. This in-tales taking my tires off and putting them back on. Did I mention they are not light? Dad spent a good deal of time checking all the brake components.He found nothing wrong with the brakes. For good measure he then lubed all the lube points. I have somewhere round 19 of those and not all of them are easy to access. I then took it for a test drive and got to the end of my street ( 2 whole houses) and the noise was there as soon as I let my foot off the brake. OY! 


At my wits end ( Dad was long past his) I decided to take everything out of the back of the jeep. What could it hurt? Maybe it was something rolling around in the back since the brakes were fine. When doing so I found a spray can under the back seat that was preventing it from latching fully in to place. I took the can out, and latched the seat down. I then drove around a few blocks and WOOHOOO noise all gone! Yep every time I took my foot off the brakes the seat would move causing the noise. Wouldn't you logically think when the brake is disengaged, and then a noise is heard it must be a brake issue?

I'm was so happy I was able to fix my jeep LOL poor Dad was not so happy after spending the day taking things apart and putting them back together. :-) He cooled off quick enough lol On the bright side I know my brakes are in good shape and everything is where it should be LOL and all my lube points are nice a greased LOL




Play safe, be prepared, and tread lightly.

Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment