Slide Show

Copy Right

All images are the property of Adventures OF A 4 Wheeling Mom. Copy Right © 2011 Adventures Of a 4 Wheeling Mom

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sir err I mean Ma'am!

One of the things that happens frequently to a girl playing in a mans world is you get called Sir a lot.  Men who don't know you just assume a toy like I drive must belong to a man. Only way a women would drive such a thing is if it belonged to her man. Only time my man gets to drive my toy is when it is blocking his in and we are to lazy to move rigs around! :-)

Every time I pull in to a gas station that I don't frequent, or a new attendant is working I get "what can I get your sir? Oh I'm sorry ma'am"?  In parts stores men are always surprised that I actually know what I'm talking about. OY! I don't know it all, but I  know a bit more than the average woman or man for that matter. I know plenty of men that don't know a thing one about cars, and really don't want to know. So don't assume women are to dumb to know or just don't want to know about cars. There are plenty of us out there that do.

Last parts guy I ran in to had the gull to ask me " you know what the part looks like?" with shock on his face. I told him " Yes I do. I do get my nails dirty" He was not sure how to respond to that LOL

So my friend at PSC had some pink Spyder logo's made up for her and her girlfriends.  I then had a friend with a vinyl cutter make me a couple stickers that say Her Toy!  in green ( the accent color I'm going with). I'm curious to see if this will change the fact I get called Sir all too frequently.

Yes the only clean spot is where I cleaned it to put the sticker on haha

With my luck it will not change a thing, but it will give me something to point at and say "can you read?" 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I always hear, "you dont look like the Jeep/ Off road type". It is possible to know how to air down and apply mascara. Just dont check my nails because I dont waste my time, they are dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL got to love the "you don't look like the off road type" LOL although I'm such a tomboy in dress and action I don't get that often LOL I once had a good friend tell me "wow you de-man-a-fy well" when I dressed up for his engagement party LOL he had never seen me out of jeans and boots LOL

      I can report back that I have not once been called sir since installing the "her toy" stickers LOL

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete