Slide Show

Copy Right

All images are the property of Adventures OF A 4 Wheeling Mom. Copy Right © 2011 Adventures Of a 4 Wheeling Mom

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mom Vs The Caliper





Dad and I were outside listening to the not so comforting sounds his very old, very over work engine. I turned around and saw what you see in the photo to the left. OH Crap was my first thought. I don't need to have to replace anything on my Jeep! One Jeep on it's last leg is enough in this family. 





So I head out first thing this morning and start taking the front end apart. 









I check the brake lines, dry as a bone, I then check out the Caliper seal, it too is dray as a bone.




















Dad Double check everything and he agreed, no leaks where visible from any brake parts, or axle seals. We take a closer look at the dripping on the tire, hmmm it is not oily or greasy looking any more. It is dried, hmmm. We are now thinking maybe a cat sprayed it the night before last.  We have way to many that run free in our area.  



                                                            I start putting it all back together and was asking Dad if the caliper bolts need to be torqued and if so to what? When all of a sudden SNAP!! and the wrench moved easily in my hand!  NOT GOOD! 








The bottom bolt snapped off halfway down the threads. NOT GOOD!  Dad was able to wiggle the caliber off and the bolt was sticking out a hair. He was able to get needle nosed vise grips on it and get it out! WOOHOOO  My Hero! 


We did have a small discussion about him taking over and me not learning if he just does it. I heard blah blah blah If I break it worse I can't blame anyone else.  O.K. I can live with that! LOL HEHEH I'm not a dumb woman, I know when I have a get out of jail free card!  LOL  I took his Jeep down to the parts store and got new bolts and pu her all back together! WOOHOOO! My breakage only cost $3.29 why is it when Dad breaks something it cost WAY?more? Maybe I don't want to know 0_0


Oh and I got to use my new ratchet set! Dad got me for my birthday!  I didn't have borrow one tool from him :-) I had everything  I needed in my own kit! 


Play Safe, and Tread Lightly
4x4 Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment